Welcome NINJA Artists!
I am out with students at the SkillsUSA competitions today and tomorrow. Work hard and make sure I get a terrific report about awesome students. Everyone should have plenty to work on including the following:
Fourth Quarter 3D Printing Challenge
- Using our purple squeaky ducks for inspiration, your challenge is to model a 3D duck! I will be back on Wednesday to validate for printing. You can have up to three days/9 hours of curriculum to model and validate. This is our last 3D Printing challenge for this year. Plan ahead, because sometimes it takes a few tries to validate.
- Entries for Quack Awards due Friday, April 28
- If you weren’t here Friday and didn’t do a weekly status report, do so today.
- Work on curriculum!
- Those of you taking Work Keys tests this week, see below, need to be completing at least 30 minutes of KeyTrain each day.
- Make-Up Opportunity
Monday, April 24th from3:30 – 6:30 at the Rockwell Campus in the Project Hope Building, Pod A & B.
- Scholarship Opportunies
- If you have a a documented disability, then you should consider applying for this award–let me know if you have questions or need assistance. The deadline has been extended to May 15.
It’s time to start submitting entries for Quack Awards! Listed below are the categories for submissions. You need to have your entries submitted no later than Friday, April 28. Remember, for a Quack award, there must be at least 3 entires in the category. Depending on the number items received, some of the categories may be split.
- Motion Graphics & Visual FX: Program Promo
- Applied Principles of Animation: 3D Pull Toy
- Digital Animation: Children’s Story (E-Book)|
- Visual Illustration Tools: Logo & Poster Design
- Outstanding Special Effects Entry (Special Effects | Dynamics)
- Outstanding Modeling Entry (Hard Surface | Organic)
- Outstanding Animation Entry (2D | 3D | Mocap)
- Best 3D Printed Model
- Best Portfolio & Demo Reel
- Best Creative Resume
27 | Work Keys Testing 8:45 and 12:45 – Abbey, Reading; Hezekiah, Math; Nathan, Reading; Sean, Math; Heather, Locating Information; Kyle, Math; Lyon, Math; Ian K., Math; Dion, Locating Information; Wesley, Reading
23 – 25 | SkillsUSA Contest
25 | BPA/DECA Pep Rally – Come help send off our TSA, DECA, and BPA students to Nationals. We will meet in the entry area of the IT building at 9:15 and 1:45. Refreshments will be served.
16 – Student Completion Ceremony; Arrive by 5:30 pm • Crossings Community Church – Sanctuary • 14600 North Portland Avenue
Glavine, Logan, Brooke, Abbey, Gavin, Kyle, Chris, Paul, Bret, Lily, Sean, Brad, Kathryn, Caleb, Dominic, Kylen, Lyon, Connor, Ian K., Ian S., Christian, Kaylynn, Marcus, Emily, Mitchell, Wesley, David, Jessica, Jesus, Dion, Haley, Olivia
28 – Quack Award submissions deadline
15 | Adobe ACA Championship Challenge! DUE
17 | School begins
This year you are challenged to develop NINJA Skills–High level abilities bordering on the super-natural. Not necessarily a reference to fighting ability, but can refer to any skill, and for us that’s our Modeling, Animation, and Special FX skills. Since this is a 2D/3D program, we will emphasize the Ds that contribute to developing Ninja Skills
Determination | Discipline | Dedication