Prepare for college
- Compare Colleges – Make the right choice
Register for grants/scholarships
NTHS Students – Scholarship Opportunities
Oklahoma State University – Oklahoma City (OSU-OKC) in partnership with the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education (ODCTE) is pleased to announce the addition of two $1,000 dollar tuition waivers for students to attend OSU-OKC.
Eligibility requirements for theses scholarships include:
• Active membership in an Oklahoma chapter of the National Technical Honor Society
• Admission to OSU-OKC (http://www.osuokc.edu/apply/admission.aspx)
• Completion of OSU-OKC Scholarship Application http://www.osuokc.edu/TechConnect/application.aspx which includes a written statement of:
o Leadership and community involvement
o Special circumstances or financial needs
These two newest opportunities are included in OSU-OKC’s Tech Connect Tuition Waivers program which provides $15,000 in scholarships annually for qualifying career tech students. To learn more about degrees and certificates offered at OSU-OKC visit http://www.osuokc.edu/academics/programs_AZ.aspx. Please contact the Director of Career Technology Outreach, Jackie Weston, at 945-3395 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about degrees and this tuition waiver opportunity.
Miscellaneous Scholarship Opportunities
- September 27 | Questbridge National College Match – pairs outstanding, low income seniors with admission and full four year scholarships to some of the nation’s leading colleges and universities. Also for seniors who have academic excellence and who come from households earning less than $60,000 for a family of four. Valued up to $200,000. Apply online.
- | Illustrators of the Future – Open to amateur Sci-Fi and Fantasy artists. New entries judges 4X throughout the year. See website for size requirements and rules. $1,500 each quarter, $5,000 annually.
- Oklahoma Hall of Fame Scholarship | Based on leadership roles, civic/community involvement, academic achievement and knowledge and pride of our great state. Student must commit to attend an Oklahoma university or college. Student must be nominated by teacher, counselor, or administrator. $5,000 Apply online.
- UCanGo2-Shout It Out Scholarship | Submit an online essay of 250 words on the question: “If you could say one thing to the entire world at once, what would it be and why?”
- Tinker Federal Credit Union Scholarship Contest | Must be a member of Tinker Federal Credit Union. Each applicant must submit an image of themselves illustrating the profession lf their dreams. Image may be a drawing, colored art, or a photograph. Applicant must also write a 100 word essay on the subject, “My College dreams are . . . ” Apply online.
- Oklahoma City Community Foundation Scholar | GPA between 3.25 and 3.79 (unweighted). Must have demonstrated a commitment to community and education. $2,000 Apply online.
- Albert E. Crowe Star of Tomorrow | Recognizes a female student who participates in the sport of bowling. Minimum GPA of 2.5 $6,000
- Chuck Hall Star of Tomorrow | Recognizes a male student who participates in the sport of bowling. Minimum GPA of 2.5 $6,000
- Wendy’s High School Heisman – 3.0 GPA and participate in one of 27 HS sports listed on the application. Students are judged on their academic achievements, community service involvement, and athletic accomplishments. One female and one mail will qualify. Apply Online.
- AES Engineering Services | Awarded on the basis of character, as determined by evaluating an essay that is submitted. You are not required to take engineering courses to be eligible. Submit a 500 – 1000 word essay on the topic, “When you look back on your life in 30 years,what would it take for you to consider your life successful? What relationships or accomplishments will be important on this journey?” Submit essay to: email@example.com $500
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation College Scholarship Award | Must have a parent who has died from breast cancer, planning to attend a state-supported college in Oklahoma. Apply online Up to $10,000 per year, renewable.
- Dr. Pepper Tuition Giveaway | Must be 18+ by January 1 for either the $1m000 or $5,000 tuition award. Must be 18+ by December to be eligible for the $100,000 tuition contest. Visit drpeppertuition.com, connect with your FB account and create your goal by answering “What is your One of a Kind goal and how do you plan to make an impact on the world?”
- College Jump Start Scholarship | An annual, merit-based competition, financial need is not considered. You must be committed to going to school and able to express your goals for getting a higher education. First place prize is $1m000 scholarship. Apply online.
- Coca Cola Scholars Program | NOT needs based; must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0 Apply online $20,000
- Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship | Submit an online short (250 word) response for the question: “Imagine that your high school/college has been overrun with Zombies. Your math professor, the cafeteria ladies and even your best friend have all joined the walking dead. Use your brain to flesh out a plan to avoid the Zombies, including where you would hide and the top 5 things you would bring with you to stay alive. Zombie Scholarship | Other scholarships– Apply online $2,000
- NRA George Montgomery Youth Wildlife Art Contest | Entries may portray any North American game, bird, or game animal that is legally hunted or trapped in the US or Canada. Endangered species, non-game animals, and animals otherwise not legally hunted or trapped. Apply Online. First Place $750; Second Place $500; Best in Show $1,000
- Toyota Making Life Easier Community Scholarship | Must have GPA of 3.0+ and outstanding academic leadership and community service, recognized as a leader by their peers and teachers and must have initiated or been actively involved in a community service program. Apply Online. Up to $20,000
- Ron Brown Scholar Program | Offered to outstanding African American students. Should demonstrate academic achievement, leadership ability, participate in community service activities, and demonstrate financial need. Apply Online. Up to $10,000 per year/$40,000
- ORU’s Whole Person Scholarship Competition | GPA of 2.6+ and at least a 20 ACT; must have completed an ORU application. Up to $20,000
- Prudential Spirit of Community Award | If you’ve made a difference through volunteering over the past year; Apply Online $1,000 and a trip to Washington D.C.
- NSA Stokes Educational Scholarship Program | GPA 3.0+ ACT 25+ and must be majoring in computer science or computer/electrical engineering and be able to be granted a security clearance. Apply Online. Up to $50,000
- First Freedom Video or Essay Student Competition | Examine the history and current-day relevance of religious freedom, and then, by written essay or video production, present their evaluation. Apply online. $2,500
- Education Matters | Submit a 250 words or less response for the question: “What would you say to someone who thinks education doesn’t matter or that college is a waste of time and money?” Apply online. $4,000
- Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship | based on financial need, leadership, and scholarship. Essay of 500 words or less. Apply online $60,000
- Doodle for Google | Winner receives a $30,000 scholarship. View Details.