Welcome NINJA Artists!
Please take a moment to fill out the We Learn Survey. NOTE: This is about Francis Tuttle as a whole, not just this class.
Please Register for Pixlfest that is happening on March23 here at Francis Tuttle. Student will get a FREE shirt when you register. Use code 100 at the end of registration.
- You can use this link, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pixlfest-2017-check-back-on-february-9-for-registration-and-tickets-tickets-31401983177
1.31 Scholarship Link for Seniors –Click below link
Take 10 Challenge Make a Masterpiece Edition | Create (if you are interested, on your own time)
Kudos and Congrats to T’wuan, Jason, Cassie, and Issiah for passing their WorkKeys Test!
NOTE –In approximately 10 days, we need to finalize grades for the quarter!
Photoshop – Please OMIT Lesson 15; we will be using Maya for 3D.
****Photoshop Review- VisIllusToolsActivitiesReview
Ultimate Class Award (We CAN do this)!!!
- Canned fruits (with pop tops)
- Canned vegetables (with pop tops)
- Canned or shelf stable packages of meats (chicken, tuna, salmon)
- Canned soups (with pop tops)
- Beef Stew
- Tomato pasta sauce
- Boxed helper meals
- Peanut butter
- Dry beans (pinto, navy)
- Dry cereals
- Instant oatmeal
- Cream of wheat
- Shelf-stable milk
- Good timing for some of you–what makes a Logo Design Successful?
- Scholarship Article
- Info on hardware for designers–#5 is not a Cintiq, but it’s decent
- Sell your art through Adobe
- 3D Printing explained
- Suggestions for an animation Demo Reel
- The evolution of 12 classic logos
Our next make up sessions are…
**Saturday, September 24th from 8:30 – 11:30 at the Rockwell Campus in the Administration Building, Room B1035(Foundation Room). Parking- A South
**Monday, September 26th from 3:30 – 6:30 at the Rockwell Campus in the Project Hope Building, Pod A & B
Please let your students know of these dates and times and remind them to bring work to do or a book to read during these sessions. If they need to use a computer they will need to bring their own laptop.
Please have interested students place their pin design digital image in two sizes, 4 x 4 and 1 x 1, on one sheet of paper and staple a cover sheet with the student’s name, email address, secondary/post-secondary status, and instructor’s name to their submission. Please put submissions in my box by end of day, Friday, Sept. 30.
Instructors will vote on the submissions on Monday, Oct. 3 in the break room to determine which designs we will enter from our group. 🙂 We’ll need to get the digital files for the designs we decide to submit after that…
- Seamlessly Repeating Pattern Illustrator Tutorial–This is on your Technical Competencies you will need to know.
- By the end of this week, we will have completed approximately 1/2 of this first quarter! I will be completing Progress Reports next week based on where you are by Friday, so please work hard and keep me informed of your progress. I should be distributing a new grade report for you to review tomorrow.
- As you know, the side doors to our building lock when you exit. Please do not prop the doors open with a trash can, it causes accessibility problems. We have an all-day student in a wheel chair and if we have an emergency this is the way the student has to exit the building. Thanks!
- KEEP reading basecamp To Do’s and checking off completed work. I’m still not seeing lots of the video/theory/NDDB training getting done by some of you guys, and that’s important stuff!
- Many of you are completing Week 3 of your course. During Weeks 3 and 5, there is a discussion posted in your Basecamp course for you to provide course experience feedback. Don’t forget to answer those questions!
- Illustrator Correction – On Chapter 15, page 435 in Illustrator, the directions tell you to Choose File> Save For Web. You are not able to see it. You have to Choose File > Export > Save For Web. (Also posted to Classmates’ Corner by Ms. Smith.)
- PluralSight/DigitalTutors links – Our vendor is undergoing several changes this month. In order to access training in the future, you will need to login using the following link:https://www.digitaltutors.com/11/login.php?source=ps_sso_productionIf you login using the above link fist, your links from within Basecamp should still work.
- New students – this game can help you master the pen tool!
- 16 | Constitution Day – Voter Registration apps in the Commons area for students 18+ needing to register | Weekly Status Reports Due
- 19 | Progress Reports this week | Weekly Status Reports Due
- 23 | SLA APPs due | Weekly Status Reports Due
- 30 | Weekly Status Reports Due
- 20/21 | Fall Break – NO SCHOOL
- 4 |
- 11 |
- 18 |
- 22 |
- 23 – 25 | Thanksgiving Holiday – NO SCHOOL
View Older Announcements
This year you are challenged to develop NINJA Skills–High level abilities bordering on the super-natural. Not necessarily a reference to fighting ability, but can refer to any skill, and for us that’s our Modeling, Animation, and Special FX skills. Since this is a 2D/3D program, we will emphasize the Ds that contribute to developing Ninja Skills – – – –
Desire | Discipline | Dedication